The terms Sunnah and biography are sayings transmitted from person to person. Therefore, they cannot be considered as sayings, narrations, and practices that can be directly attributed to the Messenger’s Sunnah.
The Qur’an is the approach while the Messenger is the one who applies the approach according to the Lord’s guidance and what the Noble Qur’an calls for, thus, the word hadith is limited to being Allah’s statement alone. Allah states in the following verses:
- “Allah Has sent down the best statement: a consistent Book wherein is reiteration. The skins shiver therefrom of those who fear their Lord; then their skins and their hearts relax at the remembrance of Allah. That is the guidance of Allah by which He guides whom He wills. And one whom Allah leaves astray – for him there is no guide”.
- “Woe, that Day, to the deniers. Then in what statement after the Qur’an will they believe?”.
- “Allah – there is no deity except Him. He will surely assemble you for [account on] the Day of Resurrection, about which there is no doubt. And who is more truthful than Allah in a statement”.
- “Indeed, it is a noble Qur’an. In a Register well-protected; None touch it except the purified. [It is] a revelation from the Lord of the worlds. Then is it to this statement that you are indifferent”.
- “Then perhaps you would kill yourself through grief over them, [O Muhammad], if they do not believe in this message, [and] out of sorrow”.
Then, Allah is asking His Messenger in a denouncing and denying form as stated below:
- “These are the verses of Allah which We recite to you in truth. Then in what statement after Allah and His verses will they believe?”.
The above verses are among the Ahadith of Allah mentioned in His Qur’an. Then, what the forged Ahadith came with are the falsified narrations. No doubt, those are defamation of Allah and His Messenger.
Yet, people believed them as an identity of Islam by abandoning the Qur’an and its verses. They, indeed, followed Satan and its narratives. Allah challenges people to bring hadith, which is comparable or resembles the hadith of the Qur’anic verses.
Allah, the Almighty, says: “Then let them produce a statement like it, if they should be truthful”.
Allah, the Almighty, also says: “And who is more truthful than Allah in a statement”.
This is true because it means that there is no hadith more truthful than the hadith of Allah. It also clarifies that all that has been transmitted to the people over the centuries are the narrations called the hadiths of the Messenger.
But none of these are mentioned in the Noble Qur’an. Hence, they are clear lies and fabrications, which were absolutely attempted by the enemies of Allah by calling them Ahadith. Whether they name them Sunnah or Hadiths, these statements are nothing but transformed pieces of fake news.
If Sunnah is intended as the Messenger’s attributes, it is Allah’s statements in His verses, which are laws, sermons, recommendations, and actions. These are the Messenger’s works, behaviors, and treatments with the people that he practiced at all times.
This is what makes him a good example and a perfect role model, and that is his Sunnah. Therefore, the approach that the Messenger implemented was applied to the values and virtues of the Qur’anic morals. (Qur’an: Al-Zumar (The Successive Groups): 23.  Qur’an: Al Mursalat (Those ‘Winds’ Sent Forth): 49-50.  Qur’an: An-Nisa (The Women): 87.  Qur’an: Al-Waqi’ah (The event): 77-81  Qur’an: Al Kahf (The Cave): 6.  Qur’an: Al-Jathiyah (The Crouching): 6.  Qur’an: Al-Tur (The Mount) 34.  Qur’an: Al-Nisa (The Women): 87.